Everyone loves cheesecake, but how about making a healthy version with Tofu? It is not as rich as usual cheescake, and is light and delicious. Nutritionally, it is a very healthy pudding option too!
175g Digestive (or similar) biscuits crushed
75g Butter or soya margarine, melted
50g Dried apricots
45ml / 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 Teaspoon lemon zest
45ml / 3 Tablespoons concentrated apple juice
1/2 Teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix together the crushed biscuits and melted butter then press mixture into a 20cm pie or flan dish.
- Simmer the apricots in 50ml of water and the lemon juice for 5 mins. Put the apricots and liquid in a blender with the tofu, lemon rind and apple juice concentrate. Blend until smooth.
- Pour this mixture over the biscuit base and bake for about 20 minutes or until filling has set at 180 degrees C.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool. To serve, simply eat as it is or top with fresh fruits or jam.