We sell many different types of chopsticks, from plain black to intricately decorated coloured ones.
Chopsticks can be a little tricky to master but once you've got the hang of them, you'll be able to impress your friends by eating lots of different types of Japanese food. Perhaps begin with Sushi, then move on to more challenging foods like Noodles – Soba and Ramen. Have a look at our handy instructions and why not buy your own set of chopsticks to practise with.
HOW TO USE CHOPSTICKS
1. Hold your hand as though you are going to shake hands.
2. Put the first chopstick under your thumb, resting it on the palm.
3. Hold the second stick between your thumb and forefinger.
4. Bend your ring and little finger, and rest lower chopstick on ring finger.
5. Put your middle finger under the top stick.
6. Move the top stick up and down to grip food.
There are a few do's and don'ts when using chopsticks. Here are a few to remember these when dining out.
- Wander chopsticks over food before making a selection.
- Stabbing Food with chopsticks.
- Stand chopsticks upright in a bowl of rice.
- Pass food to another person, chopstick to chopsticks.
- Point your chopsticks at something or somebody.